Among all insects, temporarily or permanently settling in human habitation, bugs are the most resistant to all kinds of insecticides and ways of fighting. In those cases when cockroaches completely leave the apartment, and the ants die out in a few days, the bugs can not even reduce their activity. That is why today in the market of domestic and professional insecticides there are many tools aimed specifically at the destruction of bedbugs.
This is interesting: among the bedbugs most of the species somehow harm a person. Many species spoil the harvest, some feed on caviar and young fish of commercial fish, and only one species - the bed bug (it's home) - is engaged in direct parasitism. Nevertheless, due to the huge number of species, bed bugs play a very important role in natural ecosystems.
However, despite such a weak vulnerability, it is relatively easy to destroy bedbugs in an individual apartment. It is important only to use the right ways to deal with them and start it as soon as possible.
How to destroy bedbugs in an apartment: all methods
There are four main groups of ways to combat domestic bugs, giving different results and being used depending on specific circumstances.
This is the most common, universal and effective way. Allows you to cope with insects at any level of contamination of the apartment, in any season and with different family members.
Effective drugs for the destruction of bedbugs are quite expensive, but their main advantage is the need for only one-time use: if the necessary conditions are met after a single treatment, the bugs in it are unlikely to appear again.
Home bugs quickly develop resistance to various chemicals. In a large colony of insects with a high probability there is an individual with a congenital mutation, the organism of which is able to utilize the active substance of a particular preparation. If such a specimen is already a fertilized female, it is capable of giving offspring, some of which will inherit its stability. A few generations later, a colony will appear, to which the previously applied drug will not work at all. This is a kind of natural selection, and a person who regularly bugs bugs "a little bit" (today - a sofa, tomorrow - a bed), strengthens its own parasites.
Synthetic insecticides such as Carbophos, Dichlophos, Executioner, Fufanon and others have a weak toxicity to humans, but still can lead to trouble. Therefore, the destruction of bedbugs at home with their help requires strict adherence to instructions and observance of security measures.
This group of methods for killing bugs is based on the main weakness of these parasites: they do not tolerate significant fluctuations in temperature. At least, they are much more sensitive to temperature than cockroaches and ants.
The main advantage of the temperature control against bugs is its harmlessness for other inhabitants of the house. After processing the room in it, you can return immediately, as soon as a comfortable for a person's thermal regime.
But the disadvantages of this method is the complexity in its implementation, and sometimes - the fundamental impossibility of it.
Mechanical destruction of bedbugs in an apartment consists in the banal crushing of bedbugs, the destruction of their nests with the help of a vacuum cleaner, washing at a high temperature of things on which there can be bedbugs and their eggs.
Because of the small size of insects and the inaccessibility of their nests, such a struggle in most cases is ineffective. However, if it is combined with general repair and renovation of furniture, it can give very good results.
Bed bugs in the process of evolution managed to protect themselves to a certain extent from mechanical impact. Crushing a hungry bug is very difficult - it is almost flat. The absence of wings allows these insects to penetrate almost any gap, and the segmented abdomen can vary sufficiently in size when saturated and starved.
To achieve the destruction of domestic bugs with folk remedies is very problematic. Only when the parasite enters the jar directly, for example, with vinegar or turpentine, will the insect perish. In other cases, all folk remedies serve only to deter bugs.
The most effective ways to kill bedbugs with the use of modern insecticides can be done independently, and they are also used by special professional services for the disinsection of premises. Typically, experts in the elimination of bedbugs spend all the work faster, fuller and more efficient than an ordinary person who has faced the problem for the first time.
But their services cost more than the total cost of funds from bugs and carrying out pest control themselves.
Rules for choosing the best method
Before you destroy the bugs in the apartment, it is necessary to take responsibility with responsibility to choose the method of struggle. Here you do not need to invent anything and guess - a clear instruction has already been developed:
- It is necessary first to understand how the bedbugs penetrated the apartment. If from neighbors - it is necessary to find out from which, and either conduct an independent disinfestation chemical preparations, or call sanepidsluzhba. If at least one of the apartments is infected especially hard, you need to use the services of professionals.
- Only if, at the time of the detection of bedbugs, it is possible to freeze the apartment (the temperature on the street is minus 22 ° C or lower), it is possible to conduct the temperature treatment of the housing independently. In other cases, it is better to entrust the matter to specialists (this concerns the thermal treatment of housing). If the insect fighting service has the opportunity to carry out such processing, the manager will find out the conditions when ordering, and he will decide which disinfestation tools should be used.
- If the bedbugs in the apartment are found only in some piece of furniture - a couch, an armchair, a mattress - then you can process only this item. It can be carried out in the frost for several days, treated on the street with any insecticide, boiling water or steam. If the treatment is done indoors, it is extremely important to ensure that bedbugs from such furniture do not run to different corners of the apartment.
- Mechanical methods of fighting are permissible only in cases where one bug has been accidentally found in the apartment, or when a carpet brought into the house is infected. With careful vacuuming, insects are most likely to be collected and rendered harmless.
However, in most cases, the owners of apartments discover bugs and begin to sound an alarm only when these insects in the apartment are already too much and require a complete treatment of the premises.
Professional destruction of bedbugs: sanitation services
Professional destruction of bedbugs - a service although quite expensive, but quite affordable. The treatment of a one-room apartment usually costs from 1600 rubles, depending on the region and the service itself, and a two-room apartment - from 2000 rubles.
A huge advantage of sanitary services is the range of their services: the destruction of bedbugs in cabins, administrative and industrial premises, complete disinfestation of any facility that provides the destruction of bedbugs, cockroaches , fleas, ants and other insects. Experts in most cases produce the destruction of bedbugs with gas, which is an aerosol, poisonous to insects.
The premises must be prepared for the work of pest control rooms. Before you kill bugs, you need:
- remove carpets from the walls
- decompose furniture - sofas, beds, armchairs
- Take out things from the cabinets and pack them in vacuum bags for further washing
- ensure the absence of people and pets at work.
Such nuances can be quite a lot, but in services with good services, managers necessarily acquaint clients with them and give clear instructions on how to prepare the room for processing.
All services for the destruction of bedbugs should be provided under a special agreement.
Moreover, the occupational health services necessarily take into account the composition of the residents of the apartment, and when residing in it, newborn children, pregnant women or allergy sufferers, the composition of the funds used is adjusted accordingly.
Most of the drugs used by professionals are mildly toxic to humans. In addition, these same agents are quite unstable in air and rapidly decompose, losing all their properties. Therefore, in general, pest control is a relatively safe measure.
However, because of the large amounts of used drugs, they can still affect the condition of a person. Specialists of the service should advise the customer about the terms of returning to the apartment and further actions - washing things, rubbing glasses and others.
Destruction of bedbugs with cold, steam and high temperature
Fighting bugs with temperature means almost complete safety for humans, but it is technologically more complex than using insecticides.
- Destruction of bedbugs by steam is usually carried out independently by the owners of the apartment. To do this, use a kettle with boiling water, which is processed by a sofa or mattress. Sometimes it makes sense to pour boiling water under the baseboard in small quantities. Also effective is the steam treatment of those clothes that can not be boiled in water. This is done in a large saucepan, in which clothes are placed over a boiling water on a special colander. In general, the question of whether it is possible to destroy the bedbugs with a ferry is ambiguous: in a couple of insects perish, but to process the entire apartment with the ferry and not to damage the furniture and wallpaper, it is very problematic.
- The destruction of bedbugs with the help of low temperatures is made either by taking out furniture for frost, or by freezing the entire apartment in winter. Here it is necessary to understand that adult bugs are guaranteed, and larvae with eggs will die only at temperatures below minus 22 ° С. If in a particular locality such temperatures are not observed, freezing bedbugs does not make sense.
Important to remember! When the apartment is freezed, the heating and water supply systems can be damaged, the wallpaper can be unfastened. Therefore, this method is not suitable for urban apartments.
- The destruction of bugs by heat is the most effective, safe and reliable method. When it is sold in the apartment with the help of industrial fan heaters, the temperature rises to + 50 ° C and is maintained for several hours. With this, adult bugs die, and their larvae and eggs.
In a few hours after the initial temperature in the room is restored, the tenants may return to it.
The destruction of bedbugs by temperature can be carried out with the help of a washing machine into which the contaminated things are loaded and erased at temperatures above + 50 ° C. And also it can be done with the help of an ordinary car, which is left in the sun on a hot day with closed windows and things on the seats. However, on things, bedbugs are found in the least amount, and these methods can not be used to completely destroy parasites in an apartment.
The main advantage of all temperature methods of struggle is the possibility of destroying bedbugs without a smell in the apartment. After all, many chemicals for fighting insects have a smell, sometimes - very unpleasant, and freezing or warming up the apartment ensures the absence of such unpleasant consequences.
Special means against bedbugs, their effectiveness and nuances of use
A variety of domestic and industrial insecticides today - the main means of killing bugs. Different drugs act differently: some disrupt the work of the nervous system of parasites, others block their breathing, others inhibit the development of eggs.
The most commonly used are those that lead to the possible faster death of an insect. Below are some of the most popular and effective drugs.
Carbofos, one of the most famous drugs, is losing its popularity today due to the habituation of bedbugs to it and the drawbacks associated with odor and toxicity. Nevertheless, he continues to be the leader of sales among funds from bedbugs.
The executioner, a very effective novelty based on Cypermethrin. The executioner has significantly less toxicity than many other drugs. Produced in Germany, in Russia is issued under license and is quite expensive: to process one apartment you need to buy a drug for 1200-1500 rubles.
Pyrethrum, one of the few widely used drugs with a natural composition. It is made on the basis of camomile flowers and is a white powder that crumbles in places where insects may appear. Can also be supplied as a solution. Its particles, penetrating the bug's body, cause muscle paralysis and death. For humans and animals, Pyrethrum is harmless.
The battalion commander, among all the competitors, stands out at a low price. It is produced in Korea and widely used by sanitary services due to low toxicity for humans.
Klopomor - also inexpensive means, but already of Russian manufacture. Effective, but toxic and requires strict adherence to safety measures.
The list of all drugs that can be used to combat bugs is extremely wide. However, it should be understood that in each specific case a remedy that has proven itself in one apartment in another can not work. And so you should target those drugs that prefer to use professional sanitation services in your area.