Many people who have encountered the problem of infecting an apartment with bugs prefer to immediately turn to disinsection services. Meanwhile, this costly exercise may not give the quick and lasting effect that tenants count on.
At the same time, there are a lot of ways to get rid of bedbugs on your own, and today everyone can take literally a day, thanks to which the house bugs completely disappear from the room.
To date, the market is flooded with household insecticides, which make it easy and inexpensive to conduct disinsection with their own hands. The effectiveness of these tools proves: independent destruction of bedbugs is quite possible.
Use of aerosol insecticides against bedbugs
Aerosol - a very convenient form of release of antiparasitic drugs, which allows to apply the drug on any surface in just a few movements. In addition, the destruction of bedbugs with drugs in this form gives the fastest result.
Aerosol products are best used locally - spray them over the nests of bedbugs or places of their accumulation, because after applying to the surface the drug does not last long its effectiveness.
Aerosols have one significant drawback: after spraying, a significant portion of the poison enters the air and can penetrate the respiratory tract of a person or animal. Therefore, when working with sprays, it is important to strictly follow the instructions:
- before use, remove food, hide items for personal use
- Remove animals and children from the premises, the aquariums tightly close and turn off the air intakes
- wear personal protective equipment: mask or respirator, glasses, gloves, a bathrobe
- wide open windows
- The can should be shaken carefully so that the components of the product mix
- spray the places of accumulation of insects and secluded places of the room, holding a can in the outstretched hand. The distance to the object of spraying is about 20 cm. Do not use aerosols near electrical appliances and open flames. Try to sprinkle so that a continuous line is obtained.
- After processing, you need to leave the windows open and leave the room for at least half an hour.
Self- destruction of bedbugs in an apartment can be carried out with the following sprays:
- Raptor from bedbugs . Contains the poison of the pyrethroid group, has a paralytic effect on the nervous system of insects. The most effective for local effects on parasites and their nests. Buy Raptor can be priced at about 150-180 rubles.
- Raid. It is recommended for the processing of upholstered furniture, has a faint odor, which quickly evaporates. You can buy a drug for 150-180 rubles.
- Microphos. A well-known professional remedy with a strong smell, but very effective. It can be used on upholstered furniture (if it does not scare a persistent smell) or directly on the nests of bedbugs, on the parasites themselves. Get Microfoss is problematic enough, and one canister of it, which can process the entire apartment, will cost 1500 rubles.
- Combat commander. This is another effective aerosol, which is equipped with special nozzles for hard-to-reach places. Has a paralytic effect on insects, works best when exposed to bugs and their nests. Buy a Combat can be for 125-140 rubles.
Before removing bedbugs yourself with the help of sprays, it is necessary to take care of the availability of personal protective equipment: gloves, cotton-gauze dressing or a respirator, glasses. They will reduce the likelihood of the insecticide falling on the mucous membranes of the eyes and respiratory tract and will ensure proper safety during work.
Application of insecticidal powders and chalk
When people think about how to bug bugs themselves, they often focus on the advice of sellers in the store or the market. Many of them offer funds issued in the form of powder or chalk, which are supposedly very effective.
In fact, this form of release of the remedy does not always give an effect against bedbugs, because these insects will not eat the poisonous powder (as, for example, a cockroach could do) - the bugs feed exclusively on blood. Therefore, only those powder insecticides, which include the poison of contact action, and not only the intestinal, can really work. The fight against the use of such powders is quite effective, but it stretches over time.
Self-destruction of bedbugs usually involves the use of the following insecticidal powders:
- Chlorophos. Organophosphate insecticide, requires the preparation of a solution: 15 g of powder per 10 liters of water. Effective against bedbugs and their eggs. It is mild toxicant to humans, but is hazardous by inhalation.
- Mashenka. This chalk has a fairly high efficiency due to the content of poisons of the pyrethroid group. It is well fixed on the surface and acts for a long time after application. By the ratio of price and quality - this is one of the best options for a small number of bugs in the apartment.
- Neopin is a fairly effective powder for the destruction of bed bugs. Before use, it should be diluted in proportions of 10 g per 1 liter of water. It is necessary to irrigate places of congestion of bugs and hard-to-reach places, and after 2 hours you can wash everything off (it does not have a prolonged effect). To achieve the effect requires a constant (literally daily) treatment with Neopin solution, otherwise it will not cope with the problem, but only reduce the number of parasites.
The destruction of bedbugs by temperature treatment
Home bugs, like all living things, have their own temperature limits of existence. Therefore, with the self- destruction of bedbugs, you can use the old proven trick: in the winter, take the infected sofa to the street and leave it for several hours.
If there is an opportunity to leave for a couple of days, you can "freeze" the whole apartment, but this is dangerous for plumbing (can burst heating pipes).
Home bugs can not tolerate temperatures from minus 22 degrees and below, and if the apartment is in a region where such frosts occur, then such a method as freezing the room should be noted.
You can get rid of bed bugs yourself and with the help of high temperatures: nests of parasites are siped with boiling water or scalded by steam. The first method quite effectively reduces the number of bedbugs, but only if their habitats are identified. The second way is worse: steam usually does not have time to reach the right place, condensing on furniture or walls.
Pest control has special steam generators that send a jet of steam to the right place and destroy bed bugs. But an ordinary teapot is unlikely to work that way. Sometimes professional disinsectors use long warming up of the room to a temperature of + 50 ° C with the help of thermal guns - this also leads to the death of parasites.
Folk remedies against bedbugs
In the centuries-old struggle against bedbugs, people came up with ever new recipes for the effective destruction of these parasites. Some of these folk remedies do work, but for the most part they simply scare off bedbugs for a while, without reducing their numbers. Such folk remedies include, for example, wormwood, tansy, vinegar, ammonia and some others.
There are also variants of mixtures that kill insects when they hit them directly. Unfortunately, they do not have a prolonged action. They do not make sense to apply throughout the apartment, you can only handle the detected nests of bed bugs:
- a mixture of vinegar, naphthalene and 90% alcohol in equal parts;
- pure methylated spirit;
- aviation kerosene.
It is worth remembering that the independent destruction of bedbugs by folk remedies makes sense only with a small number of insects in the house. In addition, the use of toxic chemicals requires strict safety regulations: the use of gloves, masks and glasses.
The methylated spirit, alcohol and aviation fluid are easily flammable, so you can not use them near a fire source. In addition, these drugs are toxic to animals.
So, as you can see, independent destruction of bedbugs in an apartment is not such an impossible task if you approach it wisely. Completely get rid of the population of bed bugs can be in a fairly short time, but there is always a risk of their re-entry, for example, from neighbors. Therefore it is useful to work together with other tenants at home.
If you can not reach an agreement with your neighbors, then you need to take constant preventive measures and protect your apartment from the new penetration of bedbugs.