Compared to fighting other domestic insects, fighting bugs has several characteristics.
First, bed bugs are somewhat more resistant to different insecticides. Often it happens that a means effective against cockroaches and ants, against bedbugs, gives a very weak result.
Secondly, bugs are able to quickly adapt to various poisons against insects. As a result, many effective drugs yesterday are actively losing their positions in the market today.
And most importantly, bedbugs prefer to settle in places most closely approximated to those where people rest. This means that the fight against bed bugs is primarily associated with the processing of bedrooms and children's rooms, sofas and mattresses. So, the methods that are applicable to the struggle with typical inhabitants of cuisines, here do not fit.
Nevertheless, with bed bugs you can and need to fight: the means and methods for this today are available. However, before you fight with bugs, you need to choose the right method for their destruction.
Basic methods of fighting bed bugs
Methods to combat bugs are quite diverse, and the ultimate goal is the complete destruction of these insects in the house. If in the case of fighting ants and cockroaches they sometimes resort to their expulsion from an apartment, against such bedbugs such methods do not fit: they return very quickly, having managed to infect neighboring premises during the absence.
Among the main methods of combating bugs, first of all one can single out the following:
- Application of insecticides. They can be powder, aerosol or in the form of a concentrate for dilution and subsequent use as a spray. The main task of such means is to destroy all bugs within the shortest possible time in the radius of their action. To date, this method is the most commonly used and universal, allowing you to dispense with complex equipment and to fight the bugs themselves, regardless of the season and region of the location of the apartment.
- Temperature methods - the freezing of bedbugs, processing with heat or boiling water, washing contaminated linen at high temperature. These methods of combating bugs have a number of shortcomings and limitations. For example, the freezing of an apartment is fraught with the rupture of heating or water supply pipes and can only be carried out in regions where the temperature of the air in the street drops below minus 22 ° С. But the heat treatment of the apartment requires the use of powerful industrial hair dryers, which not every pest control service has. Nevertheless, these methods have a plus: they are harmless to humans and do not lead to any consequences for allergy sufferers.
- Mechanical methods to combat domestic bugs - the destruction of nests of bedbugs and insects themselves with a vacuum cleaner or manually. Very ineffective and time consuming, they are used most often to temporarily reduce the number of bedbugs in an apartment in anticipation of its complete treatment with insecticides.
Feedback on attempts at self-control against domestic bugs:
"Probably, the month did not dare to call an ambulance service, I thought that I had crushed the last bug today. I got so bad that they occupied the whole sofa. I tried to clean them with a vacuum cleaner, it does not help. Only the guys with the superventilator helped ... "
- Use of folk remedies. These methods can not be called a typical struggle with bedbugs. Most folk remedies only scare off bedbugs, but do not destroy them. Folk remedies should be rationally used to prevent infection of the apartment with bugs and, if necessary, wait several days for the arrival of the sanitization service.
It should be very responsible approach to choosing the method by which to fight against bugs in the apartment.
With a strong infection of the apartment, when bedbugs are hiding not only in furniture, but also under the floors, behind skirting boards and in household appliances, it will be much more effective to use the services of professional pest controlists.
First, for the total thorough processing of the premises, a lot of drugs will be required, and at a price they can be comparable with the services of the services. And secondly, to conduct disinsection with detailed processing of all places of shelter of insects without special equipment and experience is very difficult.
Means for fighting bed bugs
Choosing the most effective means of combating bugs , first of all it is necessary to consider the most popular household insecticides to date.
The executioner, a fenthion-based remedy, is relatively safe and very effective against bedbugs.
The instruction for its use is simple: the liquid from one bottle must be dissolved in half a liter of water, pour into any container with an atomizer and carefully treat it all the surfaces of the apartment and possible places of congestion of bedbugs. One bottle is enough to handle a large mattress or sofa.
It is important for the time of processing the premises of the Executioner to withdraw from it all the residents and pets, close the windows. After carrying out all operations - let the apartment stand for several hours, or even better - a couple of days. After this, the room should be thoroughly ventilated, wipe off all surfaces with a damp cloth and wash the bed linen and clothes.
Carbophos, a fairly old and well-known remedy. Recently, in many cities, bug populations have begun to appear that are resistant to it, which, however, does not prevent Karbofos from confidently leading the sales in the market for anti-bed bugs.
Carbofos is good in that it is produced in large canisters, each of which is sufficient for processing a large area. The principle of the work of Carbophos is nerve-paralytic, and consists in affecting the nervous system of an insect.
The treatment of the room with Carbophos is carried out in the same way as the Executioner, but when using it, it is necessary to use as much as possible closed clothing, gloves and a cotton-gauze dressing.
A review of the use of Carbophos: "Whatever there is now released, and Carbophos - the most effective tool. Already in the apartment, and at the dacha, and with their parents, they bred bugs from the same time. And all other means so, for entertainment ... "
Combat (Combat) - this is another powerful anti-cloak spray. Produced in Russia under the Korean license and good in that it is already available in the form of cylinders with sprinklers, similar to deodorant.
The battalion commander is very effective, but for the processing of a large apartment it will be necessary to purchase a lot of cylinders (from the calculation of 1 balloon for 5 square meters of area).
Microphos from bugs is different in that it has a long residual effect. After its application to various surfaces in the apartment, the effect persists for 1 month.
Thanks to the microphos in the room, not only bugs disappear, but cockroaches with ants.
Feedback on the use of Microphos: " Etched Microfocus bugs in the country. A good thing, better than Reid ... "
Pyrethrum - comes in the form of powder and is an extract of camomile flowers. In fact, of all the popular insecticides today, this is the only natural insecticide.
To fight bugs, Pyrethrum must be poured in places where insects gather and where they most often move.
Similar in form of release and properties are Raptor, Chlorophos, Tetriks, Fufanon and some other drugs, with complete processing of the apartment allowing to completely destroy bugs in it.
All these drugs to combat bugs are available to buyers in the Russian market, and which one to use is an individual choice of each user.
A few words about folk methods of combating bugs
The folk remedies for combating bugs include the following:
- denatured, its odor repelling bugs , and when pouring them nests - killing them;
- turpentine, applied alone or mixed with other agents;
- dust, more often mixed with vinegar or denatured alcohol;
- vinegar, not destroying, but repelling for the time bed bugs;
- herbs - tansy, bitter wormwood, birch leaves, freshly exuding an unpleasant for bedbugs aroma.
Despite its not very high efficiency, it is folk remedies used in the fight against bugs for a long time and sometimes still can contribute to the disposal of the apartment from these insects. Well they manifest themselves in the prevention of infection of the apartment bedbugs.
Important rules and instructions for combating bugs
All measures to combat bed bugs are effective only when the premises are completely and quickly processed. You can not get rid of insects first in one room, then in another. Everything needs to be done at the same time, as the bedbugs move very quickly and settle around the room.
For the same reason, it is ineffective in most cases to treat only upholstered furniture: individual bugs and their eggs will necessarily hide behind skirting boards or in various crevices in the floor or walls. And in the future they will give rise to new populations.
If bedbugs live in at least one neighbor's apartment, they must be etched simultaneously in all infected premises. Otherwise, even the most effective fight against bugs in one apartment will provide only a brief respite: after a while bugs will be moved from neighbors, and the entire procedure will have to be repeated anew.
In general, the most effective way to combat bugs today is, perhaps, the call of special sanitary services. When ordering their services, you can count on a quick result and complete extermination of bedbugs in your home.