Funds from cockroaches today are so numerous that a person without proper preparation can easily get confused in all this diversity. And indeed, there is a reasonable question - and what will be better and more effective: for example, gels or traps, insecticide pencils (crayons) or aerosol products in balloons? ..
It often happens that already, it would seem, almost all the funds from cockroaches that can be bought on the market are used, but the effect is still not there - the cockroaches were in the apartment and continue to rampage in it.
So, it is important not only to choose an effective drug, but it is also necessary to be able to apply it correctly in practice (there are often many errors allowed here), and also be able to combine different types of means to obtain the most pronounced result.
On a note
The good news is that among the variety of modern insecticides and traps from cockroaches, you can really choose a combination of tools that can help even the most neglected cases. Moreover, with a competent approach to get rid of cockroaches in the apartment is possible in a fairly short time.
About what means against cockroaches in the apartment will suit better in this or that situation, what important nuances should be considered when using the appropriate drugs and, in fact, how to make the annoying red pests leave you forever - let's talk about all this in more detail ...
Remedies for cockroaches in all its diversity
First of all, it must be borne in mind that every modern remedy against cockroaches can be attributed to one of two groups:
- Rapid-acting agents (aerosols, sprays, fumigation agents). Drugs of this group can be destroyed in the cockroaches in the apartment literally within a few hours. If you act correctly, you can quickly "mow" the entire population of pests, even in a heavily contaminated room;
- The remedies that destroy cockroaches indoors are slow - as they say, slowly but surely (gels, insecticide pencils, powders and various kinds of traps). If you use only the tools of this group, the fight against cockroaches can last for several weeks, but with a competent approach it may well end with a complete victory over the pests.
Now a few words about what nuances are useful to consider when using funds from cockroaches from the two above groups.
As you have already understood, when it is necessary to quickly destroy pests in the apartment, insecticides well suited for use in finely dispersed form - in the form of an aerosol or spray:
- Preparations in the form of an aerosol or spray can easily be sprayed over a large area, and the smallest particles of poison are able to penetrate even hard-to-reach places where cockroaches can hide (all kinds of cracks, holes, cracks);
- It is among the concentrates of insecticides for dilution and subsequent spraying in the form of a spray that today you can find the newest means from cockroaches, including so-called microencapsulated ;
- It should be taken into account that most of the universal aerosol products that can be bought in cans destroy insects quickly, but do not have a long residual effect (basically these drugs have, as a rule, the same active substances - pyrethroids). In contrast, many modern microencapsulated preparations have a long protective effect, which persists on the treated surfaces for up to several weeks (Get, Delta Zone, Lambda Zone, Xulat Micro, etc.);
- Perhaps one of the main drawbacks of using aerosol preparations and sprays is the need to "breathe chemistry" anyway, even through a respirator. And although the producers of most of these drugs from cockroaches, bugs, fleas and other insects declare the relative safety of drugs for humans, however, as you understand, the inhalation of insecticidal spray in any case, you do not exactly add health;
- So to say, home remedies for cockroaches in cans are excellent for local processing of places of insect gathering, but here to process a large apartment (or, especially, an industrial facility) in this way will be financially costly. In this regard, the use of concentrates of insecticides is much more economical.
On a note
To high-speed means for the destruction of cockroaches are also insecticidal smoke bombs - they are rarely used at home, because in the room after processing, the smell of burning may remain for some time. Nevertheless, insecticidal smoke cans based on permethrin are very effective against cockroaches (for example - smoke checkers from mosquitoes Quiet Evening, City, etc.)
Photo of permethin smoke detector Quiet Evening:
Slow-acting agents for the destruction of cockroaches are well suited as a supplement to high-speed:
- Insecticidal gels, powders, pencils and traps are highly recommended to combine with aerosols or sprays, even if it seems to you that the entire population of cockroaches in the apartment is completely destroyed (there may be single surviving individuals and, in addition, cockroaches can periodically enter the apartment from the outside - for example, from neighbors);
- Modern insecticidal gels are generally one of the most effective, although not very fast, effective means of fighting cockroaches ;
- It should be understood that if the fight against cockroaches is delayed, then the gel on the treated surfaces should be periodically updated, as the drug withers over time. The effectiveness of the cockroaches in the dried gel drops sharply (practically zero);
- Insecticide pencils are much more convenient to use in comparison with powders - in particular, they can be used on vertical surfaces;
- If you can not cover all the ways of penetration of cockroaches into the apartment from the outside (cracks in the walls, ceiling and floor, sockets, ventilation grilles, etc.), then the means of prevention from cockroaches in the apartment should be constantly present - their presence will be a pledge that pests will not have a chance to multiply here massively;
- Boric acid or borax mixed with egg yolk, and other poisoned baits based on these substances do help to destroy insects. However, such home remedies for cockroaches are effective only if there is no easy access to the water for pests (otherwise they "drink", and the effectiveness of the poisoning effect of boric acid is sharply reduced).
On a note
Today, credulous consumer advertising lures to buy the so-called ultrasonic repellents cockroaches (sometimes they are also called magnetic resonance) - they say, these modern means from cockroaches and other insects will help solve pest problems in the house in just a couple of days. So, practice shows that such kind of scarers do not help in the fight against cockroaches and, moreover, do not give absolutely no effect at all - cockroaches not only do not rush to leave the premises, but also quite freely crawl on the instruments themselves.
Well, the above mentioned were the main groups of modern means that can be used to combat cockroaches in the apartment. Now let's look at examples of specific drugs, and at the same time get acquainted with some of their important features.
Aerosol insecticides and their use
First, let's look at some examples of classic aerosol preparations, that is, those sold in cans:
- Raptor from creeping insects is a fairly effective universal drug, suitable for the destruction of cockroaches, domestic ants, bedbugs, fleas and other pests and parasites. Although the manufacturer claims that one balloon of aerosol Raptor is enough to process an apartment with an area of 50-60 square meters. m., However, with a strong infection of the room with canes of one canister, it may be clearly not enough. It is recommended to spray the product mainly on the habitats, shelter and movement of insects. After treatment, the apartment must be ventilated and wet cleaned;
"Advise a remedy for cockroaches. Recently, parents raped Raptor, it helped them a lot. For one day three cylinders cleared a three-room apartment. But we do not find it for sale. I'm afraid to order through the online store. Maybe there are some more affordable analogs? "
- Combat Multispray is a well-established and widely known remedy for creeping and flying insects. The drug is effective against cockroaches, easy to use and, in addition, contains in its composition flavor with the smell of lemon;
- Dichlorvos Neo - on the effectiveness against cockroaches, this aerosol is quite comparable to the two previous ones. It is important to bear in mind that Dichlophos Neo, as well as other modern variations of Dichlorfos - Varan, Eco and others, besides the name have nothing to do with the old Soviet Dichlorvos. The fact is that the active substances of modern Dichlophos are insecticides from the group of pyrethroids, while the more obsolete organophosphorus insecticide dimethyldichlorovinylphosphate was used in the obsolete Soviet version.
On sale there are many other aerosol products designed to destroy cockroaches and other harmful insects. Including, you can find aerosols that almost do not create an unpleasant smell in the room.
Concentrates of insecticides for dilution and subsequent spraying
As already mentioned above, among the concentrates of insecticides, you can find the most modern means for fighting cockroaches - these are the products preferred by professional disinfestation services (primarily because of their high efficiency and economy).
Useful advice - choosing a remedy, you should not chase only for the highest possible efficiency. There are very powerful pesticides, however, at the same time, very toxic to humans, having an unpleasant smell (can be stored in the apartment for months) and at the same time sold only in industrial large containers, for example, in cans of 5-10 liters.
Much more correctly when choosing a good remedy for cockroaches in the form of concentrate, choose the optimal ratio of consumer characteristics, the most important of which are:
- High effectiveness of anti-cockroaches;
- Relative safety for humans and pets;
- No odor in the room after treatment;
- Economical in use;
- Prolonged residual action;
- Possibility to buy the product in small packing.
All of these properties are now met by the following concentrates of insecticides suitable for the rapid destruction of cockroaches in the apartment:
- Get - microencapsulated drug based on chlorpyrifos. The drug is today one of the most popular means not only against cockroaches, but also against bed bugs (which can often be more difficult to remove than even to get rid of seemingly ineradicable Prusaks in the house);
- Lambda Zone is a microencapsulated drug based on lambda-cyhalothrin. Also quite popular means of universal action, allows you to quickly destroy cockroaches in the apartment, without creating virtually no foreign smell in the room;
- Ksulat Micro - microencapsulated preparation on the basis of a combination of three insecticides (tetrametrin, cypermethrin and piperonyl butoxide). This Spanish remedy for cockroaches, odorless, in Russia is distributed through a network of dealers.
And some others.
On a note
The German means for cockroaches and bugs is also very popular today. The executioner is an effective, adapted for domestic use, but, unlike the above mentioned drugs, possesses a certain not very pleasant smell (which, however, quickly disappears from the apartment).
But no matter how effective a cockroach from a group of fast-acting cockroaches is, we again remind that for a reliable victory over pests in 9 cases out of 10 it is necessary to combine such preparations with the means working, one might say, in the preventive mode. Let's talk about them further ...
Geli from cockroaches
To date, it is insecticidal gels that are considered the best way to combat cockroaches in the apartment in those cases where high speed of pest destruction is not required. Gels can be used without violating the order of life (in particular, not leaving the apartment for the period of fighting cockroaches), they do not smell, are easy to use, are inexpensive.
But the main thing is that the quality gels from cockroaches are very effective, and sometimes one tube of gel is enough to destroy the entire cockroach population in a multi-room apartment or a large private house.
On a note
Cockroaches in their development are extremely dependent on water sources, so a gel-rich substance rich in water is an excellent bait - the Prussians eagerly eat it, while getting dirty in it and dragging them to their hideouts. As a result, often insects are massively poisoned by a kind of chain reaction: a poisoned cockroach brings poison in its body and on its paws to places of shelter, dies here, and its relatives eat up the victim, while also being poisoned.
From gels against cockroaches today are quite popular the following:
- Gel Globol - German remedy for cockroaches , perhaps, one of the most famous gels. Produced in tubes of 100 grams, this amount is enough to handle a two-room apartment. The gel is applied by individual drops on the surface near skirting boards, heating pipes, trash cans - in general, where pests occur most often. In its composition, the gel contains powerful insecticides, an aromatic bait for cockroaches and bitterness, which make it detestable for pets and children. One tube Globol costs about 200 rubles, and it's the easiest to buy it on the Internet. Just be vigilant: like all successful products, Globol gel is actively counterfeited, and the market is now filled with drugs Global and Global. The original gel is available in tubes with inscriptions in German only. The photo shows the packaging of this gel:
On a note
By the way, according to the results of tests of one drop of gel, Globol is enough to destroy about 500 insects. Of course, in practice this efficiency is not achieved in most cases, but the results reduced in several times will also be quite sufficient.
By mistake, many believe that Globol is a French remedy for cockroaches. It's wrong - the brand is purely German.
Note: unfortunately, since the end of 2015, the gel under the Globol trademark in the Russian Federation is no longer supplied. However, its almost complete analogue is also the Exil Schaben Paste gel made in Germany.
- Gel Fas is also quite a very effective and relatively new remedy for cockroaches. In the gel Fas there are two insecticides of different nature, which ensures reliable destruction of cockroaches, even where they are often etched and unsuccessfully, so that the population develops resistance to individual insecticides;
- Sturm-gel paste Kapkan, its composition is almost completely repeating Phas. Inexpensive, effective and when used correctly is safe enough for humans and animals.
There are many other cockroach gels, no less effective and affordable: Dohloks, Combat, Forsythe, Raptor, Brownie, etc. Many of them can be safely recommended for use in an apartment.
Most of the funds from cockroaches in the form of a gel are relatively inexpensive. The price of 100 grams of effective funds is about 200-400 rubles, and this amount will suffice if properly used for the whole apartment.
"And we bought Sturm. Also all very quickly smeared and forgotten. And then every week when cleaning because of the cabinets began to sweep the cockroaches. A good tool, only in stores we do not sell. You need to order online ... "
Powders and pencils from cockroaches
Powders from the cockroaches are often called dust. This is not entirely correct, since Dust initially is an adapted for home use DDT (dichlorodiphenyltrichloromethylmethane). Nevertheless, in the people this name was fixed for all powder preparations from insects.
There are no marked advantages to insecticidal powders before gels. Moreover, it can be said that powder is generally a less safe alternative to gel (for example, powders dust). In most cases, the gel is more effective, and the powder is cheaper.
The most famous of the insecticide powders are:
- Dust from insects Clean House is a Russian development, inexpensive and effective. A good remedy for red cockroaches, but requires certain safety measures - scatter powder should be only where it can not get pets;
- Insecticidal powder Phenaxin - is positioned as a remedy for cockroaches, bugs, fleas and flies. Its application in the apartment conditions usually shows a rather high efficiency against the Prusaks. Powder enough to disperse in bedside tables and places where it is rarely cleaned, so that for several weeks it effectively destroyed cockroaches;
- Boric acid and borax are, we can say, folk remedies for cockroaches, time-tested and really working. True, unlike insecticides of contact action, boric acid and borax have only intestinal poisoning effect, that is, cockroaches need to somehow get somehow to eat these substances, making on their basis various lures.
It is interesting
Pyrethrum (aka Persian powder or chamomile) is a powdered insecticide that differs from the analogues in a completely natural composition. Actually, the poisonous component in it is a powder of dried flowers Dalmatian chamomile, which is a powerful insecticide. Therefore, if you decide which remedy helps against cockroaches and at the same time presents a minimal danger to children and animals, you can look specifically at Pyrethrum.
Below the photo shows one of the options for packaging the drug Piretrum:
Separately it is necessary to tell about pencils (crayons) from cockroaches. The most famous of them is Mashenka, famous since Soviet times. Insecticide pencils under this brand continue to be produced today - they are inexpensive and have a more modern (and more perfect) composition, so this product can be considered quite suitable for the destruction of cockroaches in the apartment.
Moreover, an important advantage of insecticidal pencils in comparison with powdery agents is the ability to apply lines to vertical surfaces, thereby increasing the damaging ability of the preparation.
In addition to all the famous pencil from Mašenka cockroaches today you can also buy similar crayons: Titanic, Clean House, Deltacid, etc.
As for the price - insecticide pencils are very inexpensive means: in particular, the same Mashenka costs about 40-50 rubles per package. With a low number of insects in the apartment, one chalk is sometimes enough to successfully combat them.
On a note
Today, there is even a cheaper Chinese remedy for cockroaches in the form of chalk in red-yellow or green packaging with hieroglyphs, which is characterized by increased efficiency. However, with regard to its safety for humans and warm-blooded animals, it is difficult to say anything definite, since only conjectures can be built about the composition of these chalks.
It is important to bear in mind that in neglected cases (with a large number of cockroaches in the apartment, and if they can get into the room from outside) insecticidal powders and pencils are highly likely to be unable to destroy all pests - it is important to combine the means of different types. The most preferable option is to use one of the modern microencapsulated preparations (the names are indicated above), and in addition to this, apply a gel and an insecticide stick.
It is this combined approach that will give the highest possible result when fighting cockroaches independently.
Traps for cockroaches
Traps for cockroaches are advisable to use only as an auxiliary means of struggle - they work well for low infection of the apartment, and also as a preventive measure, when insects enter the room, for example, from unscrupulous neighbors.
The design of traps for cockroaches can be very different, but in general, there are four main types:
- Electric, in which cockroaches are destroyed by an electric discharge of high voltage;
- Sticky (perhaps the most popular), in which insects, stepping on a sticky surface, can no longer tear themselves away from it. Sticky traps are one of the safest means from cockroaches;
- Traps with poisoned bait inside - generally speaking, such means from cockroaches are incorrectly called traps, as they do not catch insects, but poison. But so it was led;
- And, finally, the traps that lure cockroaches into a container from which the victims can no longer escape (this includes, first of all, various variations of self-made traps for cockroaches).
If we talk about true traps (excluding from consideration "traps" with poisoned bait inside), then most often today use, of course, sticky traps for cockroaches.
At one time, the Japanese anti-cockroach agent in the form of a house turned out to be very effective, in the middle of which there was a sticky plate. Insects ran to the smell of special bait and licked to it without the possibility of peeling off. Today in the markets you can buy a large number of analogues of such a trap, down to simple cardboard tapes with a sticky coating.
"I was advised on the forum houses Raid. It helped. True, at first we etched out the cockroaches with Carbophos, but still there are a lot of them. They spread five such traps and forgot about cockroaches in general. "
A simple and effective trap for cockroaches can be done with your own hands: a chopped onion is placed on the bottom of the glass jar as a bait, and the sides of the jar are lubricated from the inside with vegetable oil. Insects that have got into such a trap, can not get out of it anymore, since the layer of oil on the glass does not allow the cockroach to climb the vertical surface of the can wall.
An example of manufacturing such a self-made trap is shown in the video at the end of this article.
Of course, it will be difficult to destroy a large number of cockroaches in the house with the help of such a method, but it is quite possible to thoroughly reduce the number of pest populations.
So, to maximize the effective control of cockroaches in an apartment, you must combine different types of medications: combining high-speed modern insecticidal drugs (sprays, aerosols) with long-acting agents (gels, insecticide pencils, powders, traps). Using this approach, as well as blocking the ways of possible insects penetration into the room (and, hence, the ways of possible "retreat"), you will not leave any chance for cockroaches to survive.
We wish you success in the fight against cockroaches!
If you have personal experience of using this or that anti-cockroach remedy, be sure to share the information, leaving your feedback at the bottom of this page (in the comments field).