Further you will learn:
- How effective are smoke bombs from cockroaches and what is the mechanism of their operation;
- How to properly apply insecticide smoke bombs in an apartment or other enclosed space in order to get the maximum effect;
- Which smoke bombs are best suited for the destruction of cockroaches, and which are dangerous to health and simply useless;
- What security measures must be followed when working;
- Where today you can buy insecticide smoke bombs and how much they cost ...
It should be recognized that insecticide smoke bombs are somewhat non-standard against cockroaches. Historically, these bothersome insects in the premises are usually tried to be destroyed with aerosols in cans, crayons, gels, all kinds of traps or even boric acid. But most people either do not know about the effectiveness of smoke bombs from cockroaches, or they have very superficial ideas about this (for example, hunters smoke flies from insects are known as means of fighting mosquitoes and flies in nature).
In fact, as practice shows, confirmed by appropriate reviews, insecticide smoke bombs have very high efficacy against cockroaches, bedbugs, ants and other insects in apartments and other enclosed spaces. Moreover, with the right approach, one such checker will be enough to completely destroy the entire population of cockroaches in an apartment of up to 300 square meters, and literally within 24 hours.
The reasons for this high efficiency are several:
- Smoke grenade generates a very significant volume of fine insecticidal aerosol (smoke) - much more than, for example, give even five cans of any Dichlophos or Raptor;
- Insecticide smoke independently and evenly distributed throughout the room. In fact, the whole volume of the apartment, the house, the arbor or other structure is subjected to processing, and there is no need to look for places of congestion of cockroaches, since in any case they will be in the affected area;
- Together with the smoke, the insecticide penetrates into all the cracks and hard-to-reach places of the room, where it would be problematic to carry out treatment by other methods. The size of the particles of this smoke is only a few tens of microns - it is able to penetrate into the finest cracks, opening of the sockets, under the plinth and even through the upholstery of furniture.
On a note
The effectiveness of processing an apartment from cockroaches using a smoke bomb is comparable to the effectiveness of pest control by so-called cold or hot fog generators, which are often used by professional insect fighting services. The particle size of the insecticide aerosol cloud in all these cases is so small that the active substance, before settling under gravity to the floor, together with the air currents and owing to the Brownian motion, hangs in the air for a long time, filling in the most inaccessible places where cockroaches can hide.
In the end, instead of calling the service of pest control, it is sometimes easier and cheaper to buy a smoke bomb from cockroaches - it will cost almost 10 times cheaper.
The photo below shows an example of room treatment with a hot mist generator:
"My wife and I are already tired of fighting with these cockroaches, two years could not in any way lead. What has not been tried, does not take anything from these reptiles! Once psihanul, lit a mosquito saber in the apartment, from which I go fishing. This, of course, is the topic. Half a day they stayed at their neighbors, but the cockroaches had a total devastation, the dead were lying around the whole apartment, only you know how to shovel it off. Although I did not think that this thing will work so well ... A month has passed, cockroaches have not yet been seen ... "
How do insecticide smoke bombs work?
An important feature of the work of insecticide checkers is that they provide a quick and one-time destruction of the entire population of insects in the apartment. This distinguishes them from gels, glue traps and poisoned baits: do not need to wait for weeks until the cockroaches find poison and eat it, or accidentally run through the sticky surface. Smoke acts on insects, regardless of where they hide during processing.
The active substance of smoke cans can penetrate the cockroach organism in various ways:
- The finest aerosol penetrates the spiracles of cockroaches, then into the hemolymph, with the current reaches the nerve ganglia, providing paralysis of the insect and subsequent rapid death;
- In addition, the insecticides used have a contact action, and can penetrate directly through the chitinous integument of the insect body upon settling on them;
- It is also important to intestinal action of the insecticide - after the aerosol settles on the surfaces of furniture, floor and walls, even surviving cockroaches (or again come running from neighbors) will inevitably capture particles of substance on the legs and antennae. Then, for example, if you try to clean the antennae, the cockroach will swallow the poison and die. This achieves a prolonged effect from the use of smoke bombs in the room. In particular, for permethin grenades, the duration of such residual protection is maintained for about a month.
Of all the smoke bombs from the cockroaches in the apartment are most suitable those with active substances in which are pyrethroids. Today, the market is best known for three such checkers - Silent Evening, City and Tsifum, all based on permethrin.
The following photo shows examples of permethin smoke chips:
It is interesting
Initially, the permethin smoke smoke Quiet Evening was developed as a means of repelling mosquitoes in the open air. Permethrin in the composition of the smoke from it has a well-pronounced repellent (repelling) effect on insects, forcing mosquitoes to quickly leave the territory where the checker is used (for a long exposure, insects perish).
Thus, it should be borne in mind that when destroying cockroaches using a smoke bomb in an apartment, partial migration of insects to neighboring apartments can be observed if there are appropriate "escape routes". Therefore, it is necessary to close them beforehand by temporarily sealing the ventilation holes, for example, with paint tape - besides, this measure will not allow smoke to escape too quickly through ventilation.
Why are smoke bombs from insects so little popular, if they are so effective?
First, the safety case: the means that generate smoke are considered to be potentially fire hazardous. A little later we'll figure out how relevant this is.
Secondly, disinec- tors (and there are dozens and even hundreds of such companies within a single large city) simply do not benefit from the use of checkers. Still, they need to make the impression of hard work with powerful equipment, and just come and light a saber in the house - it's somehow not impressive. And even more unprofitable, if a regular consumer buys a checker for 500 rubles, instead of calling a brigade of pest control for 5000 rubles.
However, it is fair to say that the use of smoke can not control the degree of processing of the most contaminated areas of the apartment and furniture, which is sometimes very important (especially when bed bugs are destroyed in the room). For a responsible specialist who wants to be completely confident in the result of his work, this is very important.
Further. In the formation of the popularity of any means of insects , advertising of producers is also important. For example, in the case of various aerosols, fumigators and sprays, this is already a sufficiently developed business with large investments in marketing. But smoke bombs from insects are still produced mainly by small companies that do not have such significant budgets for advertising, and therefore information about them weakly reaches a wide audience. In other words, these funds are simply not "on hearing".
In addition, a significant disadvantage of using insecticide smoke bombs in the apartment is a fairly long-lasting odor in the room: clothes, carpets and upholstered furniture can retain a specific odor for more than a week. So this moment needs to be taken into consideration beforehand if you still decide on such processing.
Rules for the use of a smoke bomb against cockroaches
As already noted above, the use of a smoke bomb from cockroaches in an apartment requires significantly less effort to conduct pest control than in the case of many other means. The main work will be to prepare a room for the destruction of cockroaches and cleaning it after the procedure.
It should be borne in mind that the official instruction for insecticide smoke drafts does not provide for their use in living quarters. However, the following sequence of actions was tested by the owners of apartments, and showed its high efficiency in practice, not only in relation to cockroaches, but also in the destruction of bedbugs and fleas.
In particular, before using the checker it is necessary:
- Remove people and animals from the premises;
- Pack food, dishes, clothes, toys and bedding in plastic bags. In such a hermetically packed form they do not have to be taken out of the apartment. However, if you do not pack clothes, then it will not deteriorate, but some types of fabrics are able to permanently retain a specific smell, adsorbing on their fibers volatile substances;
- Open the nightstands and cabinets, move the furniture and refrigerator away from the walls;
- In the presence of fire detectors - disconnect them or seal them with food film or tape;
- To seal ventilation openings in the kitchen and in the premises of the bathroom;
- Close the windows, open the doors to all rooms, the bathroom and the toilet.
For processing a room of up to 300 square meters, it is enough to use one piece. Although the processing of apartments, even a much smaller area for reliable disinsection, it is better to buy at least two checkers at once, so that if necessary (if individual species survive), after about 2 weeks, re-process.
But let's return to the question of using a smoke bomb in practice to destroy cockroaches. In the middle of the kitchen, a metal basin or a pan is placed on the floor, a checker is placed in it and ignited. When using permetrinovymi checkers (Silent Evening, City, Tsifum) there is no open flame, but the product is noticeably warmed up, which is accompanied by an abundant release of smoke.
As soon as the generation of smoke begins, the room must immediately leave, closing the front door of the apartment. It is not necessary to wait long, observing the process: although permethrin is relatively safe for warm-blooded animals, it is also not necessary to breathe such insecticidal aerosol without special need.
Checker will smoke for about 5 minutes, and about 2 hours more smoke will spread evenly throughout the apartment, settling on various surfaces, including the cockroaches themselves.
After 2 hours you can return to the apartment: doors, windows and ventilation openings are opened, a draft is created. At least 1 hour the room is ventilated, then it is wet cleaning, after which tenants can return to it.
On a note
Cats and cats are especially sensitive to permethrin, so in no case should they be left in the room during treatment. And after processing, ideally, they should be returned to the apartment at least every other day - during this time the smoke will completely erode, and you will have time to collect the poisoned cockroaches from the floor and from the furniture.
It must be ensured that the cat (cat) does not eat dead or disoriented cockroaches, since with a large number of eaten insects, it can cause an intoxication in the animal (one of the first signs is excessive salivation).
As a rule, in case of serious contamination of the premises or if there are cockroaches in neighboring apartments, re-treatment may be required after 1-2 weeks. This is normal - even when you call the service of pest control, such control processing in running cases is often required. It is similar to the first procedure.
Immediately after the destruction of cockroaches at first it is very important to take measures to prevent the penetration of new individuals into the apartment from neighbors. Often, it is sufficient to use traps (with poison bait or glutinous ones), and also to process ventilation passages along the perimeter with an insecticidal agent with a barrier effect.
"... And we had some Japanese smoke bomb lying around, like cockroaches, even a daddy, brought in when he was in Japan. We tried instead of Reid to put her cockroaches on her. And what do you think? It worked. True, airing the apartment had almost all night (in the winter it was unpleasant), but then even in the tank in the toilet a few pieces floated, smoke and got there. "
Safety measures at work
Despite the fact that modern insecticides are relatively safe for humans, however, it is important to observe certain safety rules when working with insecticide smoke bombs (as, indeed, when using any chemical agents from insects).
In particular, first of all, it should be borne in mind that with prolonged inhalation of smoke, a person can develop poisoning. In addition, it is rare, but cases of development of allergic reactions are described when insecticidal aerosols get into the skin and into the respiratory tract.
Therefore, when working with a checker, the following safety rules must be observed:
- Leave the room immediately after the smoke has steadily poured out of the saber, do not inhale it;
- When ventilating the apartment to enter it, hold your breath, open the windows, and for the time of ventilation again leave the room;
- All work is carried out in clothes with long sleeves, and after the completion of all procedures take a bath.
In spite of the absence of open fire during the decay of the checkers, in order to avoid damage to the floor or furniture from heating, it is necessary to place the checker in a large metal container, from which the product will not fall out exactly. The vessel itself should preferably be placed on a heat-resistant surface - a brick or a metal stand.
"I am treating the cellar and the greenhouse of mold every year, I can tell from my experience that they are useless from the cockroaches in the apartment. Burning sulfur stink terribly, it is impossible to breathe, but the cockroaches already came to light in the evening, alive and unharmed. They, apparently, need something pooboochnee ... "
Alexey, St. Petersburg
What kind of smoke checker to choose for the destruction of cockroaches
Of all the insecticide smoke bombs used in industry, agriculture and household, for the destruction of cockroaches, only checkers with permethrin as an active substance should be used.
Other options are either substantially inferior to these drugs, or they can not be used at all in residential premises due to their toxicity. For example:
- Smoke g-G-17 and its analogs based on hexachlorane are very toxic. Hexachlorane (hexachlorocyclohexane) has not been used in the developed countries for a long time as a pesticide, and its use in residential premises is even more unacceptable;
- Sulfur checkers from cockroaches (Fas, Vulkan, Climate) are ineffective. Basically, these funds are used to fight mold in the cellars, however, insects do not react poorly with sulfur dioxide at low concentrations. The photo below shows as an example sulfuric smoke checker Fas:
- Japanese and Chinese smoke bombs from cockroaches can be difficult to buy even in Moscow. In addition, it is far from always clear what type of active substance will be filled with this or that piece (they are different) and how safe this substance is for a person.
Photo of a Japanese smoke bomb from insects:
As practice shows, to date smoke smoke checkers Quiet Evening and City are optimal for cockroach removal in confined spaces. Of these, the Quiet Evening is more accessible, as it is widely represented in stores for fishermen, hunters and truck farmers.
"Ordering a smoke bomb from cockroaches on eBay, from China, with free delivery, came something so ornamented with Chinese characters, like a Christmas tree toy. Instructions are not present, inscriptions in Chinese. Stinked eerily while it was burning, but it affected the cockroaches. A little of them remained, I think that after the second draft all die. But for a week now we can not weather the room, although the draft was burning in the kitchen, so I do not want to use it for the second time. "
It should also be noted that the widely known aquafumigator Raptor from cockroaches is not a smoke bomb, but a kind of fog generator with an insecticide. The principle of its operation is to a certain extent similar to that for a smoke bomb, but the penetrating power of the aerosol formed is somewhat lower because of the larger particle size and, as a consequence, their settling more quickly. As a result, such a tool is significantly inferior in its effectiveness to permetrinovym smoke chips, although adapted for domestic use.
Where you can buy smoke bombs from cockroaches and how much they cost
Buy smoke bombs from cockroaches can be either in stores for fishermen and truck farmers, or online in specialized online stores, not paying attention that products can be positioned as a remedy for mosquitoes in nature.
For example, the price of a permethrin draft Quiet Evening is approximately 400-500 rubles apiece - depending on the quantity purchased. In any case, it will be much cheaper than professional processing at the same level of efficiency. For comparison: today treatment of a one-room apartment from insects with a cold fog costs about 2000-4000 rubles.
If you have experience in applying insecticide smoke bombs against cockroaches, then be sure to leave your feedback at the bottom of this page (in the comments field). Perhaps someone such a review will help determine the choice.