By and large, the reasons for the appearance of lice on their heads are very few: these parasites are not able to fly, far to jump (as, for example, fleas) and can not even run fast. However, their ability to appear even in people who are clean and living in good conditions is simply shocking, and therefore it is necessary to know where the lice on their heads come from, at least in order to protect themselves from this scourge and protect themselves from infecting their loved ones. Especially - children.
The main and only reasons for the appearance of lice are different cases of their transmission from an infected person to a healthy person. In lice, unlike, for example, helminths, there are no other hosts other than humans, and therefore they can not be infected with food and even in nature.
But ways to transfer lice from one person to another are quite a lot: in general, the appearance of lice on the head is directly related to the specific situation and circumstances in which a new potential carrier of these parasites enters.
On a note
Lice do not appear out of nowhere, they can not be hibernated under the skin or, especially, in the cones on their heads, although such representations are widespread even today. Lice are external parasites, and they are either on the skin and hair, or on clothing. Also , human lice do not appear from dogs, cats and other domestic animals: by virtue of their narrow specialization they can only live on a man. Accordingly, canine and feline lice never appear in humans.
"I was in shock. Where do lice appear from a person, if my child has never touched dogs or cats, always dressed in the street, does not take anything into his mouth. In any case, the lice were taken out within a day, although now we know how it is done. "
It is important to be able to distinguish lice from their own eggs - nits. Lice are mobile and look like tiny bugs. And nits are white dots on the hair, securely glued and difficult to destroy. They are a kind of bag, in each of which is an egg.
Nits appear almost immediately after the adult female falls on the hair of its victim. Nits do not per se spread and are not passed from person to person. Only in exceptional cases, hair with nits from one person can get on the head of another, but even so the probability of further development of pediculosis in the infected is practically excluded (a single individual can not reproduce).
Methods of transmission of lice
There are a lot of ways to transmit lice. The main and leading in the spread of pediculosis is a close physical contact of the infected and infected. Lice on your head appear, for example, with kisses, sexual acts, joint games, wrestling, other cases of touching the head of one person with the head of another.
On a note
It is important to remember about different types of lice and forms of each species. Pubic and lice lice appear for reasons somewhat different from those for head lice.
Lice in children often appear in joint games, constant brawls and simply with direct communication. Practice shows that parasites in children's groups are spreading lightning fast.
It is important to understand that the reasons for the appearance of lice in children are not always concluded in violation of some hygienic rules: parasites equally easily infect both children with a clean head, and those that have not washed long enough.
Lice are sometimes planted and through some other means of transmission. For example, the reasons for the appearance of head lice may be:
- transfer of adult insects, nymphs and nits through shared combs, towels and pillows.
- Bathing in baths or baths without changing the water between bathing. Lice easily tolerate stay in water and can survive without oxygen for long enough, so a lot of parasites can swim in the bathroom after a lousy person.
- Joint use of hats, especially - fur. In them, lice can not distinguish between human hair and fur on the head and remain on the headdress after wearing.
The video below explains in detail how lice appear in humans and what it can lead to:
On a note
Linen lice are planted almost exclusively after transmission through clothing. The cases of their transmission in bodily contact take place as an exception. Also, the distribution of lingerie lice rarely occurs through hygiene and everyday items. Lingerie is considered the main companion of humanitarian disasters and wars: most often these lice are planted in refugee camps, with tramps and soldiers.
Sometimes lulis find out that their lice appear almost immediately after sexual acts. But more this is peculiar to the pubic lice: on the human body they live mainly on the pubis and in the armpits. It is not surprising that pubic pediculosis is sometimes referred to as a venereal disease.
It is interesting
Many cases were noted when pubic lice appeared after a joint bath in natural reservoirs. The most numerous such precedents in the overpopulated regions of India, Cambodia and Laos. Of all the lice, it is the pubic most actively spreads on the water. The main danger is the fact that after such transmission lice often appear in children, and sometimes - in uncharacteristic places for them: on the eyebrows, eyelashes and head.
Children as the main risk group
For children is characterized by an increased incidence of lice. There are several reasons for this:
- lack of vaccinated habits of hygiene - lice in children often appear after sharing the same clothes, bed, toys.
- Inclination towards closer contacts - for children, hugs, brawls, games with constant contact of heads are absolutely normal. In such conditions, lice in children are fast and spread even when they are not particularly noticeable at the main source of parasites.
- The big propensity and frequency of contacts with peers - in general, the circle of communication among children is wider than that of adults, and the likelihood that among the familiar children there will be a "nitpicker" in general is higher. That is why lice appear in children in many cases, regardless of the social status of the parents.
In addition, the reason why lice in children appear more often than in adults, is the smaller selectivity of children in the choice of acquaintances. Children equally easily go on contact with well-groomed peers, and with those who live in poor sanitation and even are vagrants.
The cause of the appearance of lice in young children can be quite trivial - a child can get infected from a sick mother. This contact can not be avoided, and everything depends on how the mother herself approaches the issue of ensuring her safety.
Optimal conditions for the spread of lice
Important reasons for the appearance of lice in a large number of people include the corresponding social and sanitary conditions in which people live. This explains why today lice are especially common in developing countries.
The following factors and reasons for the appearance of lice in humans are particularly helpful in spreading parasites and the diseases they cause:
- low cultural level of society as a whole, lack of established rules of strict individual hygiene
- promiscuous sexual intercourse, from which mainly pubic lice
- established and well-formed collectives and groups of people. In connection with the reduced contact barriers in such groups and, as a consequence, accepted as a norm of kisses, embraces, other bodily contacts, lice here are particularly numerous and spread with very high speed.
- Circumstances that facilitate the uniting of a large number of people - in prisons, in field camps, in refugee camps, in lice reservations, in each individual person appear in the order of things - it is extremely difficult to avoid contact with the infected or its objects of use.
In general, lice on the head in the world often appear in people in winter, when the population spends most of their time in the premises in close enough contact with each other. In countries with a high standard of living, other peaks of head lice infestation are also noticeable: with the beginning of autumn, when children infected in summer come to school, in early spring, when children are more likely to visit the streets and communicate with extra-social elements.
Just like lice do not appear
Together with the proven methods of infection with lice, there are also various folk myths and stereotypes trying to explain what lice on their head appear from. Among them:
- "Lice appear from nerves" - a very famous myth, which even today is loved to explain any case of infection with lice.
- "Lice are napping in the scalp and crawling out with weakened immunity or severe stress" - no less stupidity. Lice can not live under the skin, and by and large, they do not care who to bite - a person with weakened immunity or absolutely healthy.
- "Lice can jump from dogs and cats" - a human louse can not live on animals, and withers that attack cats and dogs can not feed on a person. Therefore, such a reason for the appearance of lice in humans is also incorrect.
In any case, whatever the reasons for the appearance of head lice and from which lice appear on clothing and bed, you need to know a few simple rules of prevention that will provide reliable protection from these parasites.
Protection against lice: how to avoid the appearance of parasites
Tips for preventing infection with lice are fairly simple, but not everyone follows them:
- It is necessary to avoid close contacts with unfamiliar people, especially those whose social situation raises certain doubts.
- Absence of casual sexual relations is a reliable guarantee of life without pubic lice and a reduction in the risk of infection with head lice.
- You can not use other people's hairbrushes, clothes, bedding, hairpins and hair bands.
Children regularly need to check the condition of their hair - often even being heavily infected, they do not admit it, being afraid of being mocked by their peers.
The first signs of the appearance of lice are itch, at first - weak enough, and also the appearance of white dots on the hair and bites - on the scalp. Only then, with the reproduction of lice , there are spots, rashes and allergic reactions.
If there were lice, do not have to do much - buy a shampoo from lice in the nearest pharmacy or, at worst (if there is no money at all), take kerosene and wet one of these funds with a head, hold under a plastic bag for about an hour and wash it off .
Sometimes, in order to get rid of lice, they recommend using special metal combs. Such means require a longer struggle, but avoid the use of insecticides, which may be relevant for people prone to allergies.
So, whatever the lice are in each case, the ways to get rid of them are well known and developed. But it is better to not allow and prevent yourself from infecting yourself and close people.
Getting rid of lice and nits at home for 1 procedure: