Those who encountered a petty red-headed misfortune know that the destruction of ants and the removal of them from an apartment are two different things. It is possible to crush as long as you like and trap small pests, but their amount in the room from this will not decrease.
And you can effectively scare them away, but after stopping the use of repellents, find that the domestic ants return in the shortest time, and destroying them will seem an increasingly less promising task.
Nevertheless, the destruction of ants in the apartment is possible. It is important even not the quality and quantity of special means, but the good organization of the whole process and the coordination of the actions of the wrestlers themselves.
So, what should this process look like?
General view on the destruction of ants
Before you destroy domestic ants, you must:
- try to find out where the nest with their colony can be. If you destroy it, then the working ants are likely to raise quickly enough. Such an anthill will not necessarily be in the apartment itself: it can be located in a neighboring room, in the front room, even on the street - in the southern regions, and the ants themselves enter the apartment in search of food.
The house can have several nests and colonies of ants. Sometimes in a parade desinsektormi destroy up to 12-13 anthills!
- Coordinate their actions with neighbors, especially - those who have colonies in their apartments. In the ideal case, it is necessary to destroy the ants with joint efforts.
- If you do not resort to the services of professional pest control, then at least learn at the local SES, than they poison the parasites. In each city and even the region has its own populations of ants, some of which are resistant to different insecticides. Even before you destroy ants in the house, you should determine the destructive agent itself.
And, of course, the destruction of red ants should be done as diligently and scrupulously as possible: laziness and hope for "maybe" here will be the main causes of failure.
"I had ants somewhere about a year ago. I'll be honest - I used to poison them with everything that was on sale. They poison, for a month disappear, then reappear. It is clear that they live with their neighbors-alcoholics, but they feed me at home. Then I learned that the whole site was suffering from this evil spirits. I went, agreed with everyone, we threw money, etched our apartments, and Alkashovskaya, and did not see any more ants. "
Means and methods of destroying ants
If the locations of the ants are calculated, and all the tenants of the house are ready to destroy the ants in their apartment, basement and even on dryers, it's time to take the right practical steps. There are several methods for destroying red ants:
- with the availability of an anthill - pour it with boiling water, methylated spirit or turpentine, vacuum it, or treat it with a powerful modern insecticide. It's simple, inexpensive, but rarely possible: ants prefer to settle in very secluded places.
- It is possible to conduct total processing of the apartment and its adjoining premises with insecticide spray, dust, or gel. This is always effective, but in the case of ants the result can be of a probabilistic nature: if even an anthill dies out, a new aliens from the other end of the house will soon grow in its place.
The more neighbors living in adjacent apartments, simultaneously etch their homes with reliable insecticides, the less chance the ants will have to survive.
- Or you can call a team of pest controlists - from SES or a private company. In terms of effectiveness, this method far exceeds the independent destruction of red house ants with the help of aerosols, gels and crayons, and, moreover, less troublesome. But its value is not affordable for everyone ...
It is practically impossible to exterminate domestic ants by freezing or warming up the room (as, for example, it is done when breeding bedbugs): if the anthill is out of reach, then the frost and heat will not destroy all its inhabitants. If the colony is reachable, it is more reasonable to destroy it mechanically with the same vacuum cleaner.
But if it is not possible to mechanically destroy the anthill, and the price of the services of the pest controlists bites, alternative reliable means should be taken to fight the ants.
Means for self-destruction of ants
In order to lime home ants, today you can use a large number of funds. But not all of them are effective enough. The best results in the hands of home-grown fighters show the following:
- Insecticidal aerosols - their charm lies in the fact that they will penetrate into any slots with air, and will be sure to reach insects that live in the treated room. But if the insects live outside the sprayed area and come to the apartment only in search of provisions, it will not be possible to kill all the domestic ants with such means.
- Dusts are good because they penetrate into an anthill on paws and insect bodies, which manage to run through them. Here the hit in the target is even more reliable, but the use of dust requires patience: it is necessary to wait until the ants are soiled in the medium and they themselves will spoil their neighbors. This can take several weeks.
On a note
All known pencils from ants work on the same principle (for example, the popular chalk from the cockroaches Mashenka). In fact - these are the same dust, only slightly different consistency.
- Poisoned baits, which include recipes based on boric acid and borax, yeast, as well as powerful modern insecticidal gels. Their own working ants are diligently carried to the colony in order to treat the uterus and heirs. On the effectiveness and speed of action, these funds are comparable to dusts.
The rest of the funds will not help remove the ants from the house. The traps designed to destroy the ants in them do not affect the viability of the colony, and the pseudo-trappers, from which the insects are percolated in insecticide, carry poison into the anthill, are typical dust with bait.
Ultrasonic and magnetic resonance scarers against ants do not work.
And folk remedies based on strongly smelling herbs can at best scare off ants from where they are. To drive out ants from home for a while with their help will work out, but to destroy - hardly.
Gels from ants
Poisons for ants in the form of gels appeared on the market relatively recently, but have already become more popular than most other means. Gels are very effective - working ants themselves eat them, but do not poison immediately, but manage to carry a drop of sweet poison into the anthill, where they will please the rest of the inhabitants.
Insecticidal gels are also easy to use - they are simply applied with dashed lines in the places of the most frequent movements of ants. In addition, insect agents in the form of gels are relatively safe - they use insecticides that are easily neutralized by the human body and warm-blooded animals without consequences.
Finally, gels are available: one gel pack, which is sufficient to kill ants in one apartment, and depending on the prestige of the brand costs from 100 to 200 rubles.
The most popular gels today are Brownie, Anteater, Globol, Raptor, Sturm, Fas, Dohloks.
Aerosols from ants
It is now among aerosols that it is customary to look for the most effective ant destroyer. Aerosol products are good in that, if used correctly, they can get rid of ants in just a half a day. And in passing - and the rest of the evil spirits, down to bedbugs and fleas.
However, aerosols are difficult to apply. When processing an apartment they should not have anyone in it, including pets. The aerosol itself needs to process the maximum number of surfaces, including skirting boards and the inner surfaces of the bedside tables.
After processing, the apartment should stand for several hours, and upon their expiration, it is necessary to conduct a thorough wet cleaning. It is important not to wash out those surfaces with which the owners rarely come into contact in everyday life: if they stay for several days with the product applied, the probability of a final reliable result will be higher.
Real stars among these tools are Raptor, Raid, Get and Combat. The cost of one can of them is 200-400 rubles, and it is enough for an average of one room in an apartment.
Dusts and pencils
Use these tools easily: the powder just crumbles in secluded places, where insects like to be. Further they themselves will get smeared in it, they will try to remove the jaws and poison themselves. Perhaps - they will do it already in an anthill. Pencils can even be smeared with vertical surfaces.
Buy insecticide dust and pencils are also quite simple. Mashka Mashenka costs about 15 rubles today, and the most famous dust - boric acid - is even cheaper.
It is possible to prepare special traps on the basis of dusts: poison is poured from the can into the plastic lid, and honey or jam is dripping down the center, directly into the powder. All the ants who have gone through the insecticide field and are enjoying honey, as well as their cousins, ready to share the delicacy, are not tenants.
"When I saw ants in the house, I did not even think about it. I bought boric acid, poured around the bucket, under the sink, near the toilet, and forgot about them. Probably, these were scouts who immediately travnulis and did not even tell their own that they found a new apartment. "
However, one should not expect the rapid destruction of house ants in the apartment with the help of these tools: at best, the ants will die out in a few weeks. But the process of their destruction will be very simple.
There are many known dusts. This is Pyrethrum, and Pure House, and Brownie - they are all quite effective and inexpensive.
Call of special teams
Referring to special services by law is considered the most effective way to destroy ants. Specialists use reliable and high-quality insecticides, they know where the ants meet and where they most often arrange a nest.
The cost of processing the room depends on the region and the promotion of the company itself. For example, the destruction of ants in St. Petersburg will cost about 2500 rubles for a one-room apartment, and in Volgograd - about 1600 rubles.
"No matter how much we extract ants, how many tools have not tried, they disappeared only after the call of the SES. The guys came, sprinkled the whole apartment from special cylinders, turned up all the furniture. Do you know where the anthill was? Under the laminate in the bedroom! I had to trite a piece, destroy the whole nest and cover it again. But one day, 2200 rubles - and there are no ants for two years now. "
By the arrival of the brigade itself, one usually needs to prepare a flat well. For this, furniture is removed from the walls, carpets are removed, cabinets are opened - specialists need to be given access to the places of the most likely presence of ants. And after processing the apartment, it needs to be carefully cleaned and ventilated to get rid of insecticides on the walls and from the aroma - in the air.
Each service for the destruction of ants uses modern professional poisoning. The specialists themselves should instruct the tenant in detail about the safety rules after the treatment of the premises, and the tenant must strictly observe these rules.
Mechanical destruction of an anthill
You can physically destroy an anthill, only knowing where it is, and having access to it. Usually these conditions are not met, but if the luck has smiled to the owner of the room, the ants can be destroyed as follows:
- vacuum cleaner - it is important only to shake the filter in the toilet so that it does not become another house for pests
- Boiling water - if it does not threaten damage to furniture
- hands - though it's disgusting, but reliable.
It is necessary to understand that the destruction of the uterus of pharaoh ants will not ensure the guaranteed disappearance of insects from the life of the owner of the room: one of the fertilized females may become the new colony of the colony, only waiting for this moment. Therefore, if you kill ants, then all at once.
But after a successful extermination of pests, it is necessary to think through a reliable preventive protection of the premises from them. For this:
- around the entrance doors, the windows outside and inside the ventilation boxes, it is necessary to draw continuous barrier strips with insecticide pencils.
- In places where ants may appear, keep dry leaves of wormwood or tansy.
- Maintain cleanliness in the room, regularly do the cleaning, wipe the furniture in the kitchen and throw out the garbage. It is garbage and unsanitary conditions that most attract small red pests.
In general, when fighting ants, you can count on the full success of the event, but it is important only to approach this process with full seriousness and responsibility. Ants are much more tenacious than they may seem at first glance!