Further you will learn:
- What is the effective integrated approach, which allows you to get rid of the dead wood in the apartment once and for all;
- How can I make my apartment unsuitable for life;
- What should be paid attention first of all, in order to reliably block the way of penetration of woodlice into the apartment from the outside;
- What modern insecticidal drugs allow you to most effectively get rid of dead wood in a dwelling, and do it safely for human health and pets;
- What are the important nuances to consider when using insecticides;
- What is useful to know about the folk remedies from the wood in the house;
- How can you completely destroy the wood lice in the center of their reproduction - in the attic of the house or in the basement ...
Surprisingly, some people seriously expect to get rid of the woodlice in their apartment forever by simply spreading salt in the corners of the room or putting a couple of sticky traps, usually used to catch cockroaches. And someone even just tries to collect the woodcrumb from the walls by hand, or by a vacuum cleaner - in the hope that one day their endless stream will finally run out. Needless to say, in the best case, all these half measures will help to destroy only a very small number of pests, while the number of the main population of the fruit is not affected (especially if they enter the room from the attic or from the basement of the house).
So, in order to reliably get rid of the woodlice in the apartment, it is necessary to approach the solution of the problem in a complex way:
- Create in the apartment unfavorable conditions for living creatures;
- To block the way of penetration of woodlice into the room from outside;
- Destroy already existing pests in the apartment (in the bathroom, toilet, kitchen, in the rooms);
- And, finally, to destroy the lice in the center of their reproduction (usually in the attic, or in the basement of the house).
With the competent implementation of these items, you can forget about the invasion of the dead wood almost forever, or at least for a very long time.
On a note
It is generally believed that the lice are, although unpleasant, but absolutely harmless to humans pests. However, in reality the situation in this respect does not look so cloudless.
And it's not even that the lice can damage indoor plants, and also damage the stocks of potatoes, onions and carrots. The main problem is that, as in the case of cockroaches, when the lice appear in the apartment, the sanitary condition of the entire room suffers: imagine that until recently pests crawled somewhere in the basement in the neighborhood of rat excrement (or in the attic - next to heaps of pigeon droppings), and now the same lice fell into the apartment and attacked the kitchen, bathroom and toilet. Moreover, even within the same apartment, the lobsters can migrate, for example, from the toilet room to the kitchen - and you will agree that such migration does not promise anything pleasant either.
That's why you should not even try to co-exist with mochrits (they say, these "sweet creatures" are absolutely safe) - get rid of these pests as soon as possible after they are discovered.
But before you start a total war with mochrits, appreciate once more - and is it really a scab? Practice shows that many people for some reason are called mocriti, for example, the same scales.
Below is a photograph of the so-called "home" lice (which is most often found in a person's house):
And the next photo shows a sugar scales:
As you can see, scales are very different from woodworms, and it is not entirely clear why they are so often confused.
Next, we will consider the situation when the house was wound up with lice, and not any other arthropods - getting rid of the lice has its own important nuances.
What are afraid of lice: we make an apartment unfit for their lives
Before considering ways and means of destroying woodlice, one should perhaps note the most important factor that can make your apartment not only a cozy shelter for them, but also in the literal sense of the word an incubator of new hordes of pests.
It is a question of the raised humidity in an apartment or in its separate premises (more often a toilet, a bathroom and kitchen). And if we talk figuratively - the lice are, in the first place, afraid of dry premises.
On a note
Some may seem surprising, but the lice are not insects-they are crustaceans. Simply put, these are small terrestrial crabs that, despite their terrestrial way of life, have preserved the gills and actively use them: oxygen is absorbed from a thin film of moisture that moistens the gills.
Therefore, high air humidity and access to water in general are vitally important for woodlice, and in dry rooms they simply will not survive.
Accordingly, leaking pipes, regularly accumulating splashes next to the sink in the kitchen and in the bathroom (especially in case of poor ventilation), wet earth in pots with indoor plants - all this often creates excellent conditions for the existence of woodlice in the apartment.
Therefore, the repair of plumbing, which has been started (and before this long-delayed), can become a good start in the matter of getting rid of the lice in the apartment: a dry room will not only be of little use for the life of these pests, but, importantly, it will attract new species to a much lesser degree from the outside - the lice tends, first of all, to the place where the air is as moist as possible.
We block the way of penetration of the woodlice into the apartment from the outside
There are situations when the apartment, it would seem, is dry, and all the rooms, including the bathroom and the toilet, have been repeatedly processed by Dichlofos, and the lice are still thriving in the premises. Some tenants sometimes mistakenly believe that the lice, like bugs or cockroaches, hide somewhere in an apartment in their secluded nests, lay eggs - and that's why, so their ranks are constantly replenished.
In fact, everything is much simpler - new individuals enter the apartment massively from outside: they can crawl from the attic, from the basement of the house or from neighbors.
Below the photo shows the corresponding example:
So, in order to get rid of the lice in the apartment, it is important to pay attention to four main ways of penetration of these pests into the room:
- Ventilation system of premises. It is recommended to put a fine grid on each vent hole;
- Cracks in the ceiling, floor and walls. Especially this applies to old buildings - it is necessary to repair all cracks through which pest migration from adjacent premises is possible (when it comes to the last floor, then through the cracks in the ceiling the woodlice can literally fall into the apartment from the attic);
- Holes for pipes of cold and hot water (risers of water supply), as well as a hole for the sewer pipe. Between the pipes themselves and the floor (ceiling) there can often be gaps through which the pests migrate. It is advisable to seal these gaps, for example, with alabaster or mounting foam;
- As well as through holes for sockets in the walls, when through such holes, in fact, two neighboring rooms are directly communicated - then the woodlice can easily enter the apartment from neighbors. Space behind the outlet in this case, it is advisable to repair the same alabaster, or non-combustible mounting foam.
After the indicated ways of penetration of woodlice into the apartment will be blocked, it will, in fact, only get rid of pests already in the room. But, as practice shows, the apartment is processed here, who is in that much - and what only they do not use: someone is spraying a strong solution of salt, someone prefers soda, and some residents do not even mind breathing kerosene, plastering it on walls ( the possibility of igniting kerosene in this case, apparently, is not accepted).
So, instead of questionable "grandmother's recipes", the use of modern insecticides will be much more effective, let's consider the assortment of which ...
The main means of destroying woodlice
In spite of the fact that, as already noted above, the eggs are not insects, their belonging to crustaceans does not prevent them from being poisoned with the same drugs that are now successfully used to get rid of various house insects. In some respects, the lice are even more vulnerable than, for example, bugs or fleas, as they willingly eat poisoned baits and die after this (and fleas and bugs only feed on blood, therefore only contact insecticides are effective against them).
So, get rid of dead wood in the house can be insecticidal agents of several types:
- Insecticidal aerosols sold in cans - Combat Superspray, Dichlorvos of different brands (Neo, Eco, Varan and others), Raptor from creeping insects, Pure House spray and some others. It is advisable to apply aerosol preparations when the locust is localized in one small room (and this happens most often - pests usually occupy either a toilet or a bathroom). But to get rid of the lice in the whole private house, a large basement or in the cellar with the help of aerosols alone is quite problematic, since it will take a lot of cans and, moreover, such drugs are mostly not prolonged;
- Concentrates of insecticides for the dilution and spraying in the form of a spray - Get, Delta Zone, Ksulat Micro, Cucaracha, Cifox, Taran, Tetriks, etc. These drugs are not only highly effective (some of them are used by pest control services), but also economical in use, and allow to get rid of deadlocks with relatively small financial costs over a large area. Especially important is that such agents as Get, Xulat Micro, Delta Zone and Lambda Zone belong to the so-called microencapsulated preparations - they have increased effectiveness against creeping insects, prolonged action and adapted for domestic use (in particular, they have practically no odor and buy they can be in a small packing);
- Insecticidal powders, today in the old manner often called dust (although to the prohibited DDT have nothing to do). Powdered insecticides usually scatter around the perimeter of the bathroom, toilet, kitchen. For example, powders phenaxin, riapan, neopin, insect dust Clean House, etc. are used. The problem is that not all scabbards will crawl on the floor, many of them prefer to huddle on the walls, so the insecticide on them will not work. Therefore, the use of powdered insecticides should be considered only as an auxiliary measure - in addition to other drugs. The same applies to powdered boric acid - it really helps to get rid of the bastards, but not all the lice will die if you simply scatter boric acid on the floor;
- Insecticide pencils (crayons) - are a very good way to deal with mokritsami in living quarters. Firstly, in relation to insecticide chalks, the lice are much more vulnerable than cockroaches, since more poison is accumulated on flat segmented bodies of moisture-loving pests. Secondly, pencils are convenient to use on vertical surfaces. Thirdly, insecticide pencils can be used as so-called barrier means - if you draw several lines, for example, around the perimeter of the ventilation hole, even if the lice get through this hole into the apartment, almost all of them will die when crossing the drawn "barrier".
"The best way to get the woodlice in the bathroom is the crayon from the cockroaches Mashenka . I already tried a lot of money, but this is the best. With the floor now only collect the corpses, for the last months already several hundred ruled. Once a month you update on the walls and on the floor and everything, further they die ... "
Oleg, St. Petersburg
- Gels from cockroaches and house ants. Such gels are quite attractive for woodworms, so they also allow them to be destroyed. Gels are comparable in effectiveness to insecticide crayons, but just like chalk, they do not allow you to quickly get rid of deadwood, and the process of destroying pests can last for several weeks;
- Sticky traps, commonly used to combat cockroaches and ants - are also working against woodworms, but in general this remedy is ineffective and is more suitable for prevention - that is, for catching individual individuals who managed to still enter the apartment (and especially if in As a means of prevention, I do not want to use "chemistry");
- Poisoned baits - this method is more often used in the fight against cockroaches, but it also allows you to get rid of the lice in the apartment, because they also willingly consume different foods from the human table. A classic variant is a mixture of boric acid and egg yolk. However, it should be borne in mind that a mixture of egg yolk with a concentrated insecticidal preparation (Xulat Micro, Lambda Zone, Delta Zone) will be even more effective.
In addition, the lice almost instantly die when treated with steam or hot air with a temperature above 70 ° C. If it is possible to use a steam cleaner or a hair dryer, and the lice themselves are within reach, then this method can be a good alternative to the use of chemicals. That's only in this case for long-term preventive protection of the premises will not have to count.
Travim a scrub with insecticide
Above were generally noted the means by which you can get rid of the lice in the apartment. However, it is one thing to have an idea of such preparations, and quite another to make the most effective use of them in practice.
And what do you think is the most important when choosing and using insecticides? Their effectiveness? Or, perhaps, an affordable price? Or simplicity of application?
So, the most important thing when choosing an insecticide for use in a dwelling is its safety for humans and pets. Today it is easy to find in the free sale of the most powerful pesticides, using which in the apartment, you can be sure that nothing alive in it after that will no longer remain. But the problem is that it will be problematic for a person to live in such an apartment. Moreover, numerous cases of toxic insecticide poisoning by people and pets have been reported, and, unfortunately, this has not always been successful.
Therefore, when getting rid of the wood in the apartment it is useful to take into account the following considerations:
- The use of insecticides in the room makes sense only after the ways of penetration of the woodlice into the apartment from outside have been blocked. Otherwise, it will be necessary to poison the pests with "chemistry" again and again;
- It is not necessary to pursue the highest possible effectiveness of the drug. It would be much more correct to emphasize the relative safety of humans and animals, as well as the absence of an unpleasant odor;
- The combination of a high-speed drug (aerosols, sprays) and a medium that works slowly but long (insecticide pencils, gels) can in most cases give a better effect than if you apply one thing;
- All preparations should be used according to the instructions for use. And if it is said that it is necessary to wear a respirator during treatment, then believe me - it is better to do this, since inhaling the aerosol insecticide will not add to your health exactly.
What is useful to know about folk remedies
Sometimes it is recommended to use the following popular folk recipe to get rid of lice: in 1 liter of water it is recommended to stir 3 grams of tobacco, red pepper and table salt, after which the resulting solution to treat the bathroom, toilet and wet corners in the apartment.
Needless to say, the method is not the most convenient (as, indeed, most other popular recipes on this subject) - not only will red pepper and tobacco stick to the surface, so also the persistent tobacco flavor clearly does not add comfort to the apartment. It should be understood that the main damage to wet eggs in this case will be the application of nicotine, which is contained in the leaves of tobacco and is a highly effective insecticide. With the same success it is possible to replace nicotine with modern insecticidal preparations that do not have an odor (some of them were noted above).
On a note
As for table salt and alum, found in some folk recipes for getting rid of house scraps - these substances are not insecticides and pest do not kill. However, on surfaces that are irrigated with solutions of these substances, the lice are avoided.
Especially worth noting are attempts to use kerosene, gasoline and white spirit against sea briars: yes, these liquids are really capable of destroying the licorice, as well as various insects - in particular by creating on their surface a thin oily film, impermeable to oxygen of the air. However, in the first place, it should be borne in mind that kerosene, gasoline and white spirit are substances highly flammable. Moreover, a mixture of gasoline vapors and air when accumulating in a closed room (for example, in a bathroom) can explode from the slightest spark.
As you can see, getting rid of the lice with the help of folk remedies can potentially not be so safe for health, as it might seem at first glance.
It is interesting
In a number of cases, you can gradually get rid of dead wood at the cottage, in a greenhouse or in an apartment you can use self-made traps.
- The first option: in the half of the potato tuber just cut out the middle and make a hole near the line of the cut. Then this half is laid down by a cut on the floor (or in a flower pot if the lice injure the indoor plants) and is left for a day. Mokritsy will gather in such a "house" where food and water are constantly present, and once every few days pests can be shaken out of the trap;
- The second option: as an attractive shelter for wetweed uses a wet bath broom. Under the leaves of such a broom, pests also like to be collected, and it will only be necessary to shake it out periodically on the street.
But it should be well understood that no traps will solve the problem, if, for example, from the raw attic of the house, the lice trees continue to penetrate into the living quarters in dozens.
We get rid of dead wood in the center of their reproduction
In most cases, the lice spread into the apartments or from wet attic spaces, especially when the roof has leaked out of the house, or from damp cellars. The same applies to private houses.
Along with measures to block the pathways of pest penetration into living quarters, it is also useful to try and get rid of the main source of reproduction of woodworms - that is, destroy them directly in the attic or in the basement. And here two highly effective options can be used:
- You can get rid of licorice in a classic way - by spraying a solution of an insecticide. In particular, one bottle of Delta Zone or Lambda drugs The 50 ml volume is enough to handle about 100 square meters of area. One 100 ml vial of Get 100 ml capacity is also enough for processing 100 square meters. m. One bottle of Ksulat Micro with a volume of 30 ml is enough for processing 40 sq. m. m. As examples, there are means that have practically no unpleasant odor and after use of which the treated surfaces will not only be unfit for life not only the bastards, but also other unwanted animals (fleas, ants, cockroaches ...);
- Or you can use a simpler, but no less effective way - to process the attic or the basement of the house with a so-called insecticide-repellent smoke bomb. Preference should be given to smoke pens with permethrin as an active substance - they are very effective and, most importantly, are relatively safe for humans. Examples of such checkers are smoke grenades from mosquitoes Quiet Evening, City and some others. After their use, all insects in a closed room will die, and on the surfaces will remain the finest layer of permethrin, which will provide long-term protection of the room from repeated reproduction of woodworms.
On a note
Instead of insecticide-repellent smoke bombs, sulfur smoke bombs (Fas, Climate or others) can be used to destroy woodworms, but the effect in this case will be, first, lower, and secondly, there will be no long-term residual protective effect.
If you have a personal experience of getting rid of woodlice in an apartment or a private house - be sure to share it, leaving your feedback at the bottom of this page (in the comments field).