If a child has lice, fight with parasites quickly and efficiently, preventing the insects from multiplying and causing serious skin lesions. However, as practice shows, not all parents know how to get lice out of a child. Often such knowledge is limited to memories from his distant childhood, when lice were mercilessly poisoned with kerosene and vinegar.
Next, we'll look at how you can get the lice out of a child as efficiently and safely as possible for themselves and for their parents, eliminating the risk of infection during the procedure.
It is important to understand that lice are not a runny nose, they will not "pass" by themselves, they need to be targeted, and the sooner they start, the better. It is not worth it to doom to the child the constantly increasing suffering from itching, and the surrounding ones - at the risk of contracting it.
And besides the banal itch from lice bites a child can develop an allergy with severe generalized symptoms, ulcerative skin lesions. In rare cases, lice can cause infection with deadly diseases - recurrent and typhus.
The only thing that needs to be done before the lice are taken out of the child is to make sure that it's lice. After all, itchy bites can be left by other parasites, and an incorrectly diagnosed diagnosis will only delay the successful recovery.
Is it just lice?
Lice (scientifically, pediculosis) is characterized by the following symptoms:
- Clearly noticeable bites in the form of small swellings of dark pink color with a red dot in the middle. If they are not, then, most likely, the cause of all the troubles is either a virus or an itch mite.
- Itching, especially strong in the places of bites. In the case of head lice - on the head.
- Presence of nits on the hair. Nits are lice eggs, small white dots at a distance of 1-2 cm from the surface of the skin, firmly attached to each hair.
- And, of course, lice themselves, which come across when combing out, and simply with a thorough examination of the hair.
On a note
The louse reaches an average length of 1 to 3 mm, usually has a white or grayish-yellow color. All kinds of lice (head, pubic and linen) are inactive. Unlike fleas, lice do not know how to jump, but unlike bugs live directly on a man. Bedbugs most often hide in furniture, in crevices behind skirting boards and behind wallpaper.
Methods of breeding lice in children
To remove lice and nits in a child, today it is advisable to use popular and effective modern means - insecticidal shampoos, lotions and special combs can reliably remove lice from a child.
However, the most effective will be a combined method of fighting parasites, in which:
- The head of the child is treated with a pediculicide. It can be a shampoo from lice, lotion, cream or gel (less preferably use folk remedies such as chicken water and vinegar). The product should be held on the head for a time specified by the instruction (usually at least half an hour), after which it should be thoroughly rinsed with running water.
- Even wet hair strand behind the strand combed with a special hard and thick crest of lice. In order to remove lice from a child with long hair, it is necessary to tie all the hair in the tail on one side of the head, and, separating small strands from the bundle, carefully combing them. To conduct a crest it is necessary from the most roots - there most of all both lice, and nits. In general, this measure is needed, firstly, to remove the insects killed during the previous procedure, and secondly - to get rid of a part of the nits.
- A week after the treatment, both operations must be repeated. In a week, larvae are removed from the surviving nits, which are destroyed during re-treatment.
You can use these methods individually, as they often do. In this shampoo and other chemicals in general are more effective than combs. The latter require several days for thorough combing of hair and constant head control for a week or two after treatment. However, the combs provide protection against the side effects of chemical preparations and skin irritation of the baby, which can be especially important when it is prone to allergies.
Do not withdraw the nits from the child without the simultaneous destruction of adult lice. They bite lice, and their eggs - a consequence of the vital activity of parasites and a comfortable stay on the head. While there is at least one female, the nits will continue to appear in the hair further.
In some cases, even before the use of all funds, the child's head can be shaved (if the parents and the child consider this permissible from an aesthetic point of view). If the excretion of lice occurs in the spring or summer, it will help to quickly heal wounds from bites and dry the skin on the head.
After such a procedure, it will be enough to wash your head once with shampoo and forget about your lice. Of course, it is undesirable to remove lice from a child with long hair, especially a girl, in such a way.
Shampoos from lice
The advantage of shampoos from lice is the ease with which they are used. They are applied to the child's head in the same way as simple shampoos, foam well and have a pleasant smell. Virtually all of them are made on the basis of Permetrin - an effective insecticide, relatively harmless to humans (in the digestive tract Permethrin is rapidly broken down), but it has a nerve-paralytic effect on the insects themselves.
Among the shampoos from lice, we can distinguish the following:
- The NOC is one of the most famous. The head is applied for 30-40 minutes, it is easily washed off, but if it gets into the eyes it causes irritation. Do not use it for children under 2 years old and pregnant women.
- Veda and Veda-2, too strong enough means, having similar to the NOC composition.
- Biosim is a remedy for children and adolescents. The head is once applied 20 ml of shampoo, which is required to foam strongly.
More powerful Nyxa shampoos can not be used for children.
With the help of shampoos, you can conduct regular prevention of pediculosis . To do this, just once every two weeks, wash the child's head with the addition of small amounts of funds. With this approach, even single parasites that fall on the head are destroyed, not having time to reproduce. It is important only to monitor the reaction of the child's skin to such procedures, and if there are signs of allergies immediately cancel them.
Lotions and creams from lice
These funds are used by analogy with shampoos. Apply them on the entire surface of the head, carefully rub in the base of the hair. Exposure time - usually not less than 20 minutes, but, depending on the child's age and degree of infection, can be up to 40 minutes.
The most known of these tools are:
- MediFox, considered to date one of the most effective means of head lice.
"And we have poisoned lice in both children (4 and 5 years) by MediFox. We were warned that the drug is an adult and you need to be careful. But nothing like happened. Once they smeared their heads, clothed kerchiefs, kept it about half an hour, then they washed their heads for a long time-the remedy lasts a long time. However, not only that lice disappeared, just the hair of children became better, stronger, or "
Sprays for children
On the effectiveness of these funds in general are somewhat inferior to the previous groups due to the fact that in children with thick hair the drug is difficult to "get" to the scalp, where the lice are the most. However, these funds are quite economical and, with the use of a scarf, cap or package, provide a completely reliable effect of poisonous substances on parasites.
Of this group, the most known means are Para-Plus, Lavalin and LiceGuard.
Folk remedies for lice for children
But with folk remedies for lice, when you get rid of children from parasites, you should be extremely cautious. The same famous kerosene or vinegar can lead to irritations and burns to the skin, and from the drugs of traditional medicine should be preferred more secure:
- crooked water
- cranberry juice
- boric ointment.
These drugs should be applied to the head on the same principle as lotions or shampoos. It is important only to understand that the average national recipes are less effective than modern insecticides against lice. Accordingly, it is desirable to combine them with the use of ridges.
Scraping of parasites
Lice combs are relatively new means that have gained popularity due to the possibility to abandon the use of chemical methods of fighting parasites.
Today there are several brands of such ridges:
- AntiV - perhaps the most advertised in Russia
- LiceGuard - Analog AntiV
- RobiComb is an interesting development with the function of destroying lice due to electrical discharges. It can not be said that this function greatly simplifies the task of getting rid of lice, but in general as a comb, RobiComb works in the same way as other combs.
There are no fundamental differences between different ridges, and therefore the effectiveness of all of them is approximately the same.
If you use combs as the only means of combating lice in a child, it is necessary to carefully comb out the strands of hair all over the bathroom or white sheet for 4-5 days a day, and rinse the lice out of the lice to remove them.
"We bought such a comb to get our daughter to drive lice, but it turned out that she infected us. So I had to ask and comb her out. A good thing, effective, but there is a lot of trouble with this comb. At least half an hour is needed to comb out the head, lice are showered with rain, and the next day - the same. It feels like they are born again. But already in three days they almost do not remain. "
How to treat the consequences of lice
In cases when infection with lice was too strong and the child began serious irritation, right up to pustular rashes, immediately after removing lice, it should be shown to the dermatologist. Usually in these situations, prescribed antihistamines, preparations for wound healing, balms such as "Asterisks", sometimes - irradiation of the head with ultraviolet. It is important in such cases not to show self-activity and trust the doctor - self-medication can further exacerbate the situation.
And of course, when getting rid of lice, you need to remember about the safety of the deliverer himself. While the child gets rid of lice, parasites can easily get on the head of the mother or father and then safely multiply there. Therefore, the fight against lice in children should be carried out in the headgear, and even better - all members of the family at the same time.
Getting rid of lice and nits at home for 1 procedure: